Right now my computer is slower than a lame tortoise and my brain feels like a mashed potato in a tornado, so I’m grateful I wrote this post as I lived through May so I don’t have to remember everything on my own! I hope you enjoy my glance back on this month with me.:)
Things worth remembering
- wandering through some war memorials
- sneaking over to my grandma’s house with my siblings in the early morning to fill her yard with pinwheels as a birthday surprise
- pizza, ice cream, and good talks with a study group
- a long sibling walk that ended in a rainstorm and sprinting…too bad we weren’t headed to Netherfield, huh?
- exploring old farm buildings and finding bones
- scaling fish for the first time and immensely enjoying it
- seeing This Will Not Last on my library’s online catalog!!
- finally wearing tank tops to work again
- leading worship with friends on a women’s retreat
- fighting the urge to start a fund for purchasing WWII uniforms
- spending time with family for my grandma’s birthday
- watching the talent show put on by my younger cousins
- senior testimony night at my church’s youth group…I love hearing what God has done in each of their lives. ❤
What I’ve been reading
Seasons – Winter And Spring, Both Of Them Beautiful! – Makayla Jesalyn
The way I feel isn’t a good excuse to be unproductive, and neither is a lingering winter. I am completely responsible for myself, and my actions do not hinge on the whether the weather outside is frightful or delightful. What’s inside me is what ought to drive me.
The spiritual parallels of the physical seasons are my favorite, and Makayla has some wonderful thoughts in this post!
Consorting with Wild Youth//How Sarah Became Friends with the Local Delinquents – Sarah Baran
I’ve opted for a new and much more effective approach; manipulating them using the unconquerable force of peer-pressure. I can do this because I’m college-age and therefore a god. At least, in their opinion.
Sarah’s posts always leave me laughing and in awe of her ability to use my beloved snark so beautifully, and this one was no exception…except this one wrung my heart a bit at the end. Do yourself a favor and give this one a read.
Death had a habit of being permanent.
Oh, my goodness…this book was heart-wrenching and the sweetest all at the same time. I loved everything about this story. It was also super fun to read it after spending time with the author!:)
remember that no matter how tiny the fragments this time, how far apart they are scattered, how long you must search, he will help you find the pieces of the person you once were and the image you once bore.
I’ve been digging into this one again. It’s one of my absolute favorites.
Rescue – Jennifer A. Nielsen
“Enough of your questions about who I am. Maybe I should ask who you really are. Am I safer taking my chances out there with the Germans?”
I stole this one from a sister on a road trip and was instantly hooked. Talk about suspense!
Devotedly – Valerie Elliot Shepard
I FINISHED IT!!!!
(If you’ve been here for a good amount of time, you’ll know how wonderful this is.XD) I loved it so much!! You can read my brief review on my Goodreads account.:)
From the Journal
Oh, Lord, may I ever remain set apart for Your purpose so that You may do wonders in my tomorrows.
All will be made whole…
Achan took the spoil because it was tempting…but God was going to allow the spoils to be taken lawfully in the next battle. Oh, Lord, help me to trust that You will satisfy my longings in due time.
Oh, Lord, clear my mind and give me the wisdom to discern between roadblocks You have set before me to turn my heart to greater things, and the rugged territory of fallen trees I must naturally clamber over on my way in Your will for me.
Lord, grant repentance. We cannot even come to the realization and regret of our sins if You don’t give us the grace to do so.
I can laugh without fear of the future, not because I am well-prepared and invincible, but because my Father laughs in the face of my greatest fears, and I trust Him completely.
How was your May? What stood out to you in this past month? Have you been reading/watching/listening to anything good lately?