You know the routine…let’s cut to the chase!
Things worth remembering
- The smell of new twine and hay
- “Getting” to hear what it sounds like when a tire blows
- All of the music, dance, and stories shared at my grandma’s memorial service
- Singing around the bonfire with family and hearing my grandpa play the guitar
- Getting to see and help set up my brother’s new apartment
- The guys and girls singing together in the hallway on the youth retreat…the closed door in between the two groups only made for more giggles and louder scream-singing!
- Misty mornings
- Baseball and wading in the crik with friends
- Baby Cchini (If you know, you know)
- Hauling silage
- Watching the goldenrod start blooming in the road ditches
- my brother coming home a day earlier than he said he would
- a road trip with my grandma, aunt, and friend
- escaping the sketchy antique store and enjoying the beauty of a much better one
What I’ve been reading
The Scarlet Pimpernel – Baroness Orczy
“Mr. Hempseed shook his head with an infinity of wisdom, tempered by deeply-rooted mistrust of the British climate and the British Government.”
I’ve been meaning to read this one for years, and I finally dug it out of the darkest corner of my bookshelf and started. I’m so enjoying the humor and the eloquent writing style!
(At this present moment, I have misplaced the book. Pray that it has the courage to once more show its face.)
The Best Yes – Lysa Terkeurst
We have to put our hearts and our minds in places where wisdom gathers, not scatters.
There are some real nuggets of wisdom in this book!
From the journal…
With the privilege of being a partaker of the divine nature comes a grave responsibility: to live as the royalty I am.
Keep prying my fingers away from what is good and let me raise willing hands to receive what is best.
Love speaks the truth for the good of the loved, even when it hurts like crazy for both parties.
I want to work to build a legacy of souls, whether they remember my name or not.
Love produces a formidable strength in the lover…oh, Lord, may I love You with this passion that overcomes all obstacles!
Question of the day: What book/poem/movie/show (barring the Bible) has influenced you the most, and why?